Your privacy is important to us
Effective Date: April 30, 2018
To review material modifications and their effective dates scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Privacy Statement; Collection of Personal Information.
1.1 Shallaway Youth Choir owns and operates this website business. All references to “we”, “us”, this “website” or this “site” shall be construed to mean SHALLAWAY YOUTH CHOIR.
- Collection of Anonymous, Passive Information. We reserve the right to monitor your use of this site. As you navigate through this site, certain anonymous information may be passively collected (that is, gathered without your actively providing the information) using various technologies, such as cookies, Internet tags or web beacons, and navigational data collection (log files, server logs, clickstream). The following is a listing and a brief explanation of passive information collection methodologies which we may use from time to time to better understand how this site is being used.
3.1 A “cookie” is a text file that this site sends to your browser in the form of a text file the information generated by the cookie about your use of this site (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but they usually can be modified to decline cookies if you prefer; however, certain features of this site might not work without cookies.
3.2 “Session” cookies are temporary bits of information that are used to improve navigation, block visitors from providing information where inappropriate (the site “remembers” previous entries of country of origin that were outside the specified parameters and blocks subsequent changes), and collect aggregate statistical information on the site. They are erased once you exit your Web browser or otherwise turn off your computer.
3.3 “Persistent” cookies are more permanent bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer and stay there unless you delete the cookie. Persistent cookies store information on your computer for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided, helping to determine what areas of the site you may find most valuable, and customizing the site based on your preferences on an ongoing basis. Persistent cookies placed by this site in your computer do not hold personal information.
3.4 You can set your browser to accept all cookies, to reject all cookies, or to notify you whenever a cookie is offered so that you can decide each time whether to accept it. To learn more about cookies and how to specify your preferences, please search for “cookie” in the “Help” portion of your browser.
3.5 An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so you can access the Internet and is generally considered to be non-personally identifiable information, because in many cases an IP address is dynamic (changing each time you connect to the Internet), rather than static (unique to a particular user’s computer). The IP address can be used to diagnose problems with a server, report aggregate information, determine the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting to a site, and administer and improve the site.
3.6 “Internet tags” (also known as Web Beacons, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs, and 1-by-1 GIFs) tell the website server information such as the IP address and browser type related to the visitor’s computer. Tags may be placed both on online advertisements that bring people to the site and on different pages of the site. Such tags indicate how many times a page is opened and which information is consulted.
3.7 “Navigational data” (log files, server logs, and clickstream data) are used for system management, to improve the content of the site, market research purposes, and to communicate information to visitors.
- Use and Sharing of Anonymous, Passive Information. This site may make full use of passively collected anonymous information, including without limitation the right to use such information to provide better service to site visitors, customize the site based on your preferences, compile and analyze statistics and trends, and otherwise administer and improve this site for your use. We reserve the right to share this anonymous, passive information in aggregated form.
- 1st Party Behavioral Ads. We reserve the right to use anonymous, passive information about your visits to this and other websites (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) for purposes of serving our ads that are targeted to your interests (“1st Party Behavioral Ads”). We do not share anonymous, passive information collected on this site with third parties for purposes of serving 1st Behavioral Ads.
- Use of 3rd Party Cookies. We reserve the right to use web analytics services provided by third parties. These services use 3rd party cookies to collect anonymous, passive information about your use of this site (see explanation of cookies in Collection of Anonymous, Passive Information above). We use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of this site, compiling reports on website activity, and providing other services. These web analytics services may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on the service’s behalf.
- Collection of Personal Information; Categories.
7.1 We will ask you for personal information when you sign up for any specific benefit or purpose that requires registration. Personal information that we collect may vary with each registration, and it may include one or more of the following categories: name, physical address, an email address, phone number, and credit card information including credit card number, expiration date, and billing address.
7.2 We reserve the right to tie or link your personal information to anonymous, passive information with persistent identifiers, as follows:
link your email address (personal information) with information collected by a cookie regarding the length of time you visit our site (anonymous, passive information). In these cases, the anonymous, passive information will be considered personal information, and our policies discussed below regarding our use and sharing of personal information will apply.
- Use and Sharing of Personal Information: General Policy and Exceptions. Our general policy (subject to the exceptions listed below) is that we will use your personal information only for: the performance of the services or transaction for which it was given, our private, internal reporting for this site, and security assessments for this site, and we will not share, sell, or rent your personal information to others. The only exceptions to this general policy: (i) are described in the subsections below, and (ii) if you explicitly approve through our site.
8.2 Acquisition; Bankruptcy. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, or if we sell this website business or a line of business from this website, we reserve the right to transfer such information as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we reserve the right to transfer such information to protect our rights or as required by law.
8.3 Enforcement; Legal Process. We reserve the right to transfer such information if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary (I) to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, or (ii) to investigate or enforce violations of our rights or the security of this site.
- Onward Transfer of Personal Information outside your Country of Residence. Any personal information which we may collect on this site will be stored and processed in our servers located only in the United States. By using this site, if you reside outside the United States, you consent to the transfer of personal information outside your country of residence to the United States.
- Security of Personal Information. We follow reasonable and appropriate industry standards to protect your personal information and data. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or method of data storage can be guaranteed 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information by following generally accepted industry standards, we cannot ensure or warrant the absolute security of any information you transmit to us or archive at this site.
- Changing and Updating Personal Information. Upon request, we will permit you to request or make changes or updates to your personal information for legitimate purposes. We request identification prior to approving such requests. We reserve the right to decline any requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require unreasonable time or effort of our technical or administrative personnel, or undermine the privacy rights of others. We reserve the right to permit you to access your personal information in any account you establish with this site for purposes of making your own changes or updates, and in such case, instructions for making such changes or updates will be provided where necessary.
- Email from This Site; Opt-Out Rights. If you supply us with your e-mail address you may receive periodic messages from us with information specific to the site and required for the normal functioning of the site as well as for new products or services or upcoming events. If you prefer not to receive periodic email messages, you may opt-out by following the instructions on the email.
- Links to Other Sites Including Online Ads. This site may contain links to other websites with whom we have a business relationship. These links may include online advertisements that we deem to be appropriate. Any information that you provide in the process of registration or purchase will be transferred to these sites. We have no responsibility or liability for the policies and practices of these sites; however, we have entered into agreements with these websites which provide that unless you specifically agree otherwise, they will use and share your personal information only for the purpose of providing or fulfilling your request for products or services. You should be careful to review any privacy policies posted on any of these sites before providing information to them.
- Children’s Online Policy. We are committed to preserving online privacy for all of its website visitors, including children. This site is a general audience site. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we will not knowingly collect any information from, or sell to, children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian who has discovered that your child under the age of 13 has submitted his or her personally identifiable information without your permission or consent, we will remove the information from our active list, at your request. To request the removal of your child’s information, please contact our site as provided below under “Contact Us”, and be sure to include in your message the same login information that your child submitted.
- Email and Other Messages Through This Site; ECPA Notice. This site treats email messages and other electronic messages that are sent through this site and not viewable by others as confidential and private, except as required by law, including without limitation, the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986, 18 U.S.C. Sections 2701-2711 (the “ECPA”). The ECPA permits this site’s limited ability to intercept and/or disclose electronic messages, for example (i) as necessary to operate our system or to protect our rights or property, (ii) upon legal demand (court orders, warrants, subpoenas), or (iii) where we receive information inadvertently which appears to pertain to the commission of a crime. This site is not considered a “secure communications medium” under the ECPA.
Fax: 709.738.662620 Hallett Crescent, Suite 206
PO Box 8334
St. John’s, NL A1B 3N7