Looking to experience Shallaway?
Auditions are now closed for the 2018- 2019 season for all groups except:
Click here to book an audition today, space is limited.
The audition process is very relaxed, short, and an opportunity for the conductors to get to know the performer.
Children will be asked to:
- Sing a song of their own choice (can be O Canada, Happy Birthday, etc.) that they enjoy and are comfortable performing, without accompaniment.
- Echo sing and clap a simple melody and rhythm that will be sung or clapped to them in the audition.
- Sing as high and as low as they can to determine the range of their voice.
- For children 10 or over, each applicant will be asked to, in addition to the above requirements, sight sing a musical pattern appropriate to age level.
The following information may be helpful to you:
- All auditionees are seen in pairs and parents must remain outside the room during the audition.
- Results will be mailed to every applicant post-audition, upon review by the Artistic Director.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled audition time to complete the registration process.