Looking to experience Shallaway?
Registration for the 2020/2021 season will open in May 2020.
For more information, please contact Shallaway by phone at 709.738.6792 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The audition process is very relaxed, short, and an opportunity for the conductors to get to know the performer.
Children and youth may be asked to:
- Sing a song of their own choice (Twinkle Twinkle, Happy Birthday, etc.) that they enjoy and are comfortable performing, without accompaniment.
- Echo sing and clap a simple melody and rhythm that will be sung or clapped to them in the audition.
- Sing as high and as low as they can to determine the range of their voice.
- For children 10 or over, each applicant will be asked to, in addition to the above requirements, sight sing a musical pattern appropriate to age level.
The following information may be helpful to you:
- All children and youth are seen in pairs/small groups.
- Parents/guardians must remain outside the room during the audition.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled audition time to complete the registration process.
- Shallaway may request a second in person audition.
- From time to time Shallaway may request a video/audio recording for review.
- Results will be communicated to every applicant post-audition, upon review by the Artistic Director.
Bursary funding is available for those who qualify.